May 21, 2014

The Choice is Mine

Posted by Nidya Flo at 7:47:00 PM


I have been living my life without any big trouble. Probably, that is because I always listen to my parents. Well, I’m not saying that I am a nice kid who always follows her parents’ order. There’s always bad thing happen to me if I ignore their words.


I’ve almost kidnapped when I was four or five. I’ve nearly killed when I rode my bike, quite far from my house. That happened since I didn’t listen to what my mom said. Also, I should’ve taken a private lesson or a course (just like mom told me) in order to get accepted in a favorite senior high school I want. However, I cried a lot. I didn’t want to take any courses. As a result, I was stuck in a very ordinary school. Those are just a few cases. I learned a lot since that time. I can’t disregard mom’s or dad’s advice. I know, it’s all for my good sake. Just like now, I graduate from education department since mom wants me to be a teacher. She told me that being a teacher is a good job for women. Once again, I follow her advice.

I barely argue with them. I do what they tell me. I don’t want bad things happen to me again. Somehow, I want to speak out my mind and pay no attention to they will. I want to do what I want. But, I just can’t. Mom and dad always fulfill my need. If I want that bag, mom will buy it for me. If I say I want to go holiday, dad will find a ticket for me, no matter what. So, I am being like this, follow they will, because I want to pay my respect to them. I want to please them. And I know, the path they take me in is secure for me. 

It annoys me when my sister argues a lot with mom and dad. I want her show some respect. “But I am not like you, a coward who follows their every order. Don’t you have any passion? Hey! Wake up! Open your eyes and walk on your own way!!!” Those words of her hit me so hard. I know, she is right. I take a break to make up my mind. What is my passion?? What do I want in this life?? I envy my sister in every way. She is much more brilliant than me. A lot better. Smartass. I’m nothing compare to her. It seems that fortune angel likes being with her. She knows how to draw a smile on mom’s and dad’s face with her bunch of achievements. Thanks to her. I make up my mind now.

I tell dad that I want to work in other city. So I know what it feels, when you go home with joy and people at home are waiting for your arrival. Just like what dad does. But, he wants another way. Mom, dad, both of them want me to be a teacher in my hometown. I don’t say this is a bad idea. I still consider this. Dad has a dream. Someday, when he’s retired, we move to hometown where I work and make a good life there. Dad is not a salary man. He is not working for government or company. He is working for his family. One day, when he can’t work any longer, as the oldest child in the family, I have to take this responsibility. I have to support my family, no matter what.

Therefore, I can’t choose the wrong path. I’m just afraid. I’m afraid, I fail, and then my parents upset. I don’t want that. I still have much time to make my own path. I will consider any suggestion from them. Will I be a teacher or not? Will I work in other city or go back to my hometown? I’ll think it over again. Mom and dad may want me to do this or that. But, I’m no longer a little kid who always follows her parent’s will. They may give suggestions, but the choice is mine. So, then, if I end up being a teacher in my hometown, I do this because that is my choice. Because I want to. So, I have nothing to regret.

3 comments:

  1. Logical reaction, rationalized! Children from the same parents can be different human beings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah,,,so it is called "Karma", huh?..
    but, I'm with you...
    the first always treat specially....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karma does exist.
      It's hard to be the oldest, though.

      Delete

 

Florey Tale Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea